Hi, I made a video for your game if you want to check it out!I showcased your game for the Indie Game Collective, and I just wanted to say thanks for making a game about tarot that's actually realistic. I have never played a game that had mechanics I literally felt were spiritual. Very cool.
Tarot: Theo's Quest
A downloadable game for Windows and macOS
You are Theo, a young witch-in-training. Armed with a single minor arcana suit, you are tasked with exploring the Witch Nation to complete your Tarot deck and discover your personal expression of magic. Use your deck to duel witches in spirit battles, perform readings, make friends / frenemies, and complete your own Fool’s Journey.
- Duel Other Witches
- Use your Tarot cards to affect the tide of battle! Minor arcana provide status effects, buffs, debuffs, and terrain effects. Change forms using Major arcana to unlock new moves!
- Read the Future
- Look past the veil! Perform divinatory readings on non-playable characters to help them find clarity. Who knows? Perhaps they can even aid you along your journey. . .
- Harness the Four Elements
- Focus on your thoughts, actions, emotions, and the world around you to unlock the power of air, fire, water, or earth!
Get the OST here.
|Release date||May 25, 2022|
|Genre||Card Game, Adventure, Role Playing|
|Made with||Unity, Audacity, Aseprite|
|Tags||Casual, Coming Of Age, LGBTQIA, Magic, Pixel Art, Singleplayer, Story Rich, Turn-Based Combat|
|Code license||MIT License|
|Average session||About an hour|
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $10 USD. You will get access to the following files:
- Patch v.1.0.4Mar 02, 2023
- Patch v1.0.3May 31, 2022
- Theo's Quest Launches May 25th!May 24, 2022
- Final demo update prior to May 25th releaseMay 03, 2022
- Demo v2.1 Is Released!Mar 17, 2022
- MVP Complete!Feb 18, 2022
- Celebrate Act II with Demo v1.2Sep 28, 2021
- Demo v1.0 Is Out!Jul 09, 2021
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
I saw!! Excited to watch this. Thank you so much for trying it out!
Thank you. That means a lot. I've always liked Tarot cards for the layers of symbolism and general thought-provoking nature of the experience.
Hey there! I'm so glad you liked it! I cried this morning reading this (good tears, good tears!), so thank you for sharing.
The YT playthrough sounds awesome! The demo here only goes through Swords ... and it's quite old. I'm going to release an updated demo hopefully next week. If you'd like to play the full game, send me a shoutout at email@example.com. I'll send you a build of "beta v2.2" once it's done (~ next week).
Daniel ~ Appa's Papas